We all know that olive oil is wonderful and healthy for us to cook with, but what about it�s other uses? Truthfully, olive oil is another main ingredient in several beauty products you can buy on the shelf. See for yourself how you can make your own skin cocktails and save a little money at the same time.
1. A mixture of 1/2 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup vinegar, & 1/4 cup water used as a night cream will make your skin glow. The olive oil softens and moisturizes and the vinegar lightens discolorations, kills bacteria and loosens dead skin cells. Splash water on your face before applying.
2. Olive oil can be used as cleansing cream if your skin is dry.
I use olive oil, honey , glycerine, lemon juice and limewater to make my nightly cleansing and moisturizing lotion. One drop of original Magie Noir is for the exotic flavor at night or let�s just spray!
3. For a facial, wet face thoroughly, then massage olive oil into your skin. Use about a half teaspoon of sugar and scrub your face with that, then wipe off gently with a warm, wet cloth until the sugar is all gone.
4. Use olive oil on your feet with clean white cotton socks. Helps to soften up you feet and it absorbs better than baby oil.
5. It seems when you pour olive oil out there is always a drip, so wipe it up with your hand and rub it in to your elbows. It has wonderful softening properties.
6. Use olive oil as bath oil. Two to three tablespoons will do the trick.
7. Use olive oil for your hair. Not only does it condition, but it also gets rid of the frizz. Put a small drop into your palm & then rub both hands together & apply it to dry hair. I normally do a olive oil, egg and yoghurt massage every Sunday and my hair looks fine, feels fine!
Just a few of the many creative uses for olive oil in your skin care routine. Not only is it cheap, but it will go a lot further than most products you can buy. Have fun and be creative.