If you love to shop or eat out you may have been tempted by websites and unsolicited emails claiming that you can earn money as an undercover shopper. Sometimes unscrupulous mystery shopping promoters try to tempt people by offering meals at prestigious restaurants, shopping at luxury shops or staying at five star hotels.
Unfortunately the reality is that most marketing companies fail to live up to the hype and do not deliver great opportunities for their shoppers. Mystery shopping is best enjoyed as a part-time activity and not a major source of income to rely on.
On the flipside there are fraudulent organisations that promote the impression that they can offer lucrative mystery shop jobs with reputable companies. These jobs are often fake and require unsuspecting potential mystery shoppers to register and then pay a fee for information about a job or list of secret shopper companies.
You should NEVER pay money to anyone to become a shopper. Remember lists of reputable Mystery Shopping companies are available for free with legitimate jobs widely published on the Internet.
Reputable companies should offer jobs via the internet in a secure and professional environment. Legitimate companies don’t charge an application fee!
MS Facts –
1. Search the Internet for secret shopper companies that are accepting applications.
2. Only submit applications online.
3. Becoming a legitimate mystery shopper for a legitimate company doesn’t cost a penny
4. Do some homework about secret shopping and be sceptical of organisations and promoters who advertise by unsolicited email.
5. Never buy mystery shopping directories online from companies that provide mystery shoppers
6. If you think you have encountered a shopper scam contact the police.
For information on Mystery Shopping and to begin the application process – click the link. Retail Active has many years experience in the mystery shopping sector and can offer you a fun and rewarding experience.